The ASEAN-Korea Investment Agreement aims to promote investment flows and create a liberal, facilitative, transparent and competitive investment regime in ASEAN and Korea through:
- Creating conducive environment for ASEAN and Korean investor and their investments
- Promoting cooperation on a mutually beneficial basis;
- Encouraging and promoting the flow of investments and cooperation between ASEAN and Korea;
- Improving transparency of investment rules; and
- Providing for the protection of investments
The agreement incorporates a review mechanism to improve the transparency of investment rules and to discuss progressive liberalization of the investment regimes of ASEAN and Korea.